Thursday, July 21, 2016

Banana and Strawberry Frozen Yoghurt


I'm not quite sure how it's happened, but somehow I've left it nearly a whole year again to write another blog post! Actually, that's a lie. I know exactly how it happened. A crazy final year of Speech and Language Therapy training, moving house and goodness knows what else has got a little bit in the way of blogging. Because whilst I've still found the time to bake (obviously...!), uploading pics and a recipe on here takes a little bit more effort. But now I'm all finished with studying (forever I hope - I can't face the thought of revising ever again) and officially a qualified Speech and Language Therapist (!!!), I have a little bit of spare time to blog. I hope, anyway. In between applying for jobs and making the most of the summery weather while it lasts, I intend to share some of the things I've been baking...


Although actually, this recipe I'm sharing isn't baking at all! Because honestly, who wants to be baking in this ridiculously hot weather? Climbing down three flights of stairs every morning when it's 30 degrees outside completely zaps me of my energy, so I want whatever I'm making to require as little effort as possible! This Frozen Yoghurt recipe definitely ticks that box. Take the four ingredients, stir them together, pop it in the freezer and then a couple of hours later you can sit down and enjoy a few icy scoops. Just what I fancy eating on a hot day. And I guess it's a little bit healthier than ice cream too, because you can chuck in any fruit you have to hand and there you go - you've just eaten one of your five a day right there. It might not taste quite as good as the froyo you can buy in the shops, but then again who knows how much sugar they add to each scoop... And obviously, you don't have the satisfaction of knowing that you made it yourself or the ease of not having to leave the house to eat it!!


So be creative...! Experiment with the type of fruit that works best. Enjoy the heatwave we're having whilst eating a bowlful of frozen yoghurt...!


Banana and Strawberry Frozen Yoghurt

Ingredients:
1 frozen banana
1 handful of strawberries
1/3 of a large pot of natural yoghurt
Sugar (to taste - I probably added around 2 tbsp)

Recipe:
1. Take the banana out of the freezer to defrost slightly.
2. Pour the yoghurt into a bowl.
3. Cut the strawberries into small pieces and blend in a processor to a purée. Add to the yoghurt.
4. When the banana is soft enough, peel and cut it into small pieces, careful to remove all the peel. Add to the yoghurt.
5. Sprinkle your desired amount of sugar on top and stir ingredients together.
6. When combined, pour into a tupperware and place in the freezer for a couple of hours until firm.
7. Remove from the freezer just before eating, so it's soft enough to scoop.
8. Add a couple of fresh strawberries and enjoy!  


1 comment:

  1. Great to see you blogging again! It looks delicious, a real dish for the current heatwave. Will there be any left for me to taste? Love Maman x

    ReplyDelete